Perkins Perama M30 Heat Exchanger parts

  • July 17, 2013 2:38 PM
    Message # 1342925
    Deleted user
    I'm needing a part for my motor and I'm not having much luck finding it.  The engine is a Perkins Perama M30 Model KD30244J, 1992, S/N 18339Q.

    The part I need is off the heat exchanger, the wet exhaust discharge fitting, (I have no idea if that is the proper name, probably not). If it's on the Westsail Parts Company catalog, I just missed it.   

    Any help would be appreciated.  You can message me here or on my blog,

  • July 18, 2013 7:02 AM
    Reply # 1343323 on 1342925
    Deleted user

      We ordered parts from TAD (Trans Atlantic Diesel)  in Texas - their phone number is 800-927-9295.  They're very easy to work with and can get the parts from the factory (U.K.) if not in stock.  I saw numerous M30 parts available on their website.

    There is a person in Seatlle, WA that has several used engines and will ship used parts. We've purchased some parts from him too.  His name is Stewart.  800-735-7207  - Don't recall his last name but his business is called Stewart's Marine.

    We just finished re-installing our Prima M50 after completing a thorough hose, timing belt, water pump, idler pulley, rear engine seal, transmission seals, heat exchanger cleaning and new gasket,  and countless other preventative maintenance cleanings. Konami's engine has 2400 hours and is working well so we decided to keep the engine and do a clean up to last another 4000 hours. 

    Let us know if you have any questions, I've chased a lot of parts and got what we needed.  


    Last modified: July 18, 2013 7:08 AM | Deleted user
  • July 18, 2013 7:28 AM
    Reply # 1343352 on 1342925
    Deleted user
    Thanks Diane.

    I sure do appreciate your help.  Thanks for the numbers.

  • July 19, 2013 10:02 AM
    Reply # 1347338 on 1342925
    That part is known as an engine exhaust elbow, and is readily available from a number of manufacturers, if you cannot get an original one, or if it is very expensive.  It is used to inject the cooling seawater after it leaves the engine into the exhaust line and out through the waterlift muffler to the overboard fitting.  It is described on Page F-8 of my Westsail Service Manual.  I also can have one fabricated from pieces of pipe and tubing.  You need to know the size and type of attachment to the exhaust manifold, the size of the outlet pipe, and the water inlet pipe to match it up..
  • July 20, 2013 4:09 AM
    Reply # 1347744 on 1342925

    Note the following link, when Bud indicates that the part  is described on Page F-8 of my Westsail Service Manual. If you look in the parts and pricing section at the bottom of that page, you'll see that he also has access to the parts you need to do the job, and It's likely that his price will be better than other sources. 

    If he does not list the exact item, or if the description is not sufficient to identify what you need, simply call him on the phone using the number at the bottom of that page. I'm not sure why, but for some reason Bud's too modest to let you know HE can get the parts you need...  at a better price and with less hassle!  It will be easier when we get around to adding photos to the part prices. But don't hesitate to call him on the phone and take advantage of his services.

    Jack Webb
  • July 26, 2013 3:29 PM
    Reply # 1352625 on 1342925
    That part is made by Buck Algonquin. Don't know if the spelling is correct but you can find them online and a catalog too.